Digital Image Instructions
Instructions for creating an acceptable digital photo for submission.
The following is a set of generic instructions for creating a digital image that is suitable photo for submission using your email.
If, for whatever reason, you are unable to submit your photo by these means and you are a University of Guelph staff, you will have to go to the ID Card Centre in Enrolment Services, Level 3 University Centre, University of Guelph and have your photograph taken and your card processed once the offices open.
We need the following information:
- First Name, Last Name
- Employee Number (9 digits number)
- Email Address
- Your Image
Submitting a digital photograph requirement:
- The image is not more than 1600 high x 1200 pixels wide.
- The image file size is smaller than 2 megabytes.
- The image file type is either .jpg or .jpeg.
- The ratio of the image, height divided by width, is around 1.3 (ie. 1600 / 1200 = 1.33).
The following are examples of photos that are NOT acceptable for use on your University of Guelph ID card:
- First image is too blurry
- No hats or novelty headgear please!
- No pictures cut out of group photos.
- Uncentred Pic
Steps to take a picture:
- Set your camera or phone to its lowest resolution.
- An image greater than 1600 x 1200 resolution is too large to submit through this process. We have a maximum image file size of 2 megabytes.
- The photo should be taken as a standard portrait (height is greater than the width). This means that you should be able to submit a photo taken with a cell phone or digital camera held so that the picture is taller than it is wide, and with your head centered in most of the photo. See below
- Make sure you are centered in the frame of the image and take the picture.
- Save the photo in the .jpg (.jpeg) format, name the file according to your nine-digit University of Guelph employee number. The name of the file is your employee number.jpg so it should be “312345678.jpg.
- You can send your image to Munny Malik at email@example.com