Acceptable Digital Image Instructions
Acceptable Digital Image Instructions for Online Submission.
- The photo must be easily viewed, in focus and recognizable as you.
- The photo must be colour, colour photo must show a clear, front view of the applicant's full face.
- The photo must be a portrait, in focus, of only the applicant.
- Hats, headbands or sunglasses may not be worn in the photo.
- The applicant's eyes must be open and looking directly ahead.
- Head coverings worn for religious or medical reasons can be worn but must not cover any part of the applicant’s face. The head covering must not obscure or obstruct a full front view of the applicant’s face, nor can it cast a shadow on the face. Persons with a niqab or burka who require their University ID Card be issued at the University of Guelph campus will have a female staff member photograph and verify the individual’s identity in a private setting.
- The image file size must be under 2 megabytes and a JPG/JPEG file-type.
- The image is not more than 1600 high to 1200 pixels wide.
- The image size is either .jpeg or .jpg
- The ratio of the image, height divided by width, is around 1.3 (i.e 1600/1200=1.33).
Submitting a digital photograph requirement:
- The image is not more than 1600 high x 1200 pixels wide.
- The image file size is smaller than 2 megabytes.
- The image file type is either .jpg or .jpeg.
- The ratio of the image, height divided by width, is around 1.3 (ie. 1600 / 1200 = 1.33).
Steps to take a picture:
- Set your camera or phone to its lowest resolution.
- An image greater than 1600 x 1200 resolution is too large to submit through this process. We have a maximum image file size of 2 megabytes.
- The photo should be taken as a standard portrait (height is greater than the width). This means that you should be able to submit a photo taken with a cell phone or digital camera held so that the picture is taller than it is wide, and with your head centered in most of the photo. See below
- Make sure you are centered in the frame of the image and take the picture.
- You are now ready to upload your picture through Online Photo Submission.